Friday, March 29, 2013

This place is not our home

Sometimes I really struggle with feeling like I don't belong anywhere. It's hard to remember to live with the perspective that this life is short and that our lives will mainly be lived out in eternity in Jesus' kingdom. Loneliness can be debilitating. I am trying to remember that in heaven there won't be fear, there won't be anxiety, there won't be a struggle to find purpose in each step of life. There will be peace and security and contentment. I will belong and I will feel fulfilled. I like downhere's song "free me up"

You free me up to live this life far from any earthly sense of home. There's a place where I belong and there's nothing here I really own.

When the days, hours, minutes and seconds just seem too long, with the help of my savior I will rest in the knowledge that I belong with Him.

No comments: