Thursday, January 20, 2005

Good Life

Hey all! I thought I'd update you on the things going on in my life lately. Right now life seems to be really good. I have so many things to be excited about! Monday Heather, Liane and I went out on the town for a fun day. We went shopping at Walmart with Heather's big stuffed monkey. It was a lot of fun! We stuffed him in the cart and took him inside. We got a few strange looks! After we were done shopping and running around town we took Liane home. She invited us in and we stayed for supper as well. (You've got a really cool couch Liane!). It was lot of fun just spending the day together! Next weekend Ellie is coming from Germany. I can't wait! It will be so good to see her again. Then the next weekend Josh and his girlfriend are coming out from Ontario for the weekend for a Pillar concert. That should be fun as well. Yesterday I went over to Candice's parents and her mom loaded me down with a bunch of stuff for when I move out. She was just getting rid of it anyway so she thought I might want it. Now I am more excited than ever about moving out in fall. I also ended up changing my room around yesterday. It's always nice to have a change but it is such a hassle to move my bedroom furniture! I needed room for the coffee table my parents bought me. I hope it comes in soon! Thinking about all this makes me realize how blessed I am. I thank God for all I have but I think I take them forgranted way too much.
Lyric of the Day: Good Life by Audio Adrenaline

I've watched my dreams all fade away/ and blister in the sun/everything I've ever had is unraveled and undone/ I've set upon a worthless stack/ of my ambitious plans/ and the people that I've loved the most/ have turned their backs and ran// Chorus: This is the good life/I've lost everything/I could ever want/ and ever dream of/ this is the good life/ I've found everything/ I could ever need/ here in your arms//Loneliness has left me searching for someone to love/poverty has change my view/of what true riches are/Sorrow's opened up my eyes/to see what real joy is/pain has been the catalyst/to my heart's happiness//(chorus)//What good would it be/ if you had everything/ but the thing you didn't have/ was the only thing you need//(chorus)//

I think that every once in a while I need an eye-opener to help me realize how blessed I am. The Tsunami made me think about how I would react if I suddenly had everything taken away from me including my family. I hope that I would be able to trust God in the midst of it. Is Christ really the center of my life? I don't think He truly is. I need to change that.
ttfn

No comments: