Monday, January 31, 2005

Quiz-o-rama!

This weekend was a quiz meet in Saskatoon Saskatchewan. It was at a huge church called Circle Drive Alliance. That is one huge church.. It is in the shape of a pentagon and has so many rooms it could be a convention center. The guys stayed at a place right across froma huge manse that they said looked like the white house. On the way home we said that they stayed across from the White House and we quizzed in the Pentagon. Snazzy!! The drive to and from Saskatoon takes about 9 hours so we had a lot of time to do nothing in the van. Actually it wasn't all that bad. We were all really tired and so we had a lot of fun joking around and sleeping and listening to music and studying and all sorts of stuff. Our team didn't do all that great for the quizzing part of the weekend but we had fun anyway. I was billeted with Sharlyn Dueck. We stayed at her friend's house. Her name is Elisha Ruck and Kyla Dyck was also staying there. Sharlyn and I shared a Hide-a-bed. The second night we came into the house and Kyla took off her shoes and her feet stank so bad that she had to immediately wash her feet. It smelled worse than all three of my brothers put together after they had played hockey for 5 hours. It was so funny!! We couldn't stop laughing at poor Kyla. We got to bed at around 1:30 that night. Last night after we got back from the quiz meet I decided to go to College and Career. Ellie and her family moved here from Germany and we had a bit of a party for Ellie. We played games and talked and stuff. I was really tired by the time I got to bed but I didn't sleep well last night. Oh well. Maybe I'll catch up tonight.

Here's a riddle for ya all:
What has roots as nobody sees
Is taller than trees
Up, up it goes
And yet never grows?

Have fun! ttfn

PS: Here's a hint. We don't have them here where we live

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

a giant television set

B C said...

sorry, no that's not it. Interesting thought though

B C said...

Ok... If no one else is going to guess...I'll just tell you. (Pause) It's a mountain. haha. Am I smart or what? :) jk. That was JRR Tolkien's riddle. I just borrowed it. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, let me guess, a mountain!?

B C said...

haha! doesn't count. I'll give you another one sometime