Sunday, May 29, 2005

Beautiful Day!

Hey! Today was a great day. Started out the morning with some great praise and worship at worship team practice and it only got better from there. We had a missionary couple in our church this weekend and they shared this morning. His name is Alex Jean Paul with the French accent. He was born in Haiti and he is now a missionary to Haiti. They are setting up VBS there in Haiti in 27 churches. My Dad will be going out there to help train some pastors since he is fluent in French. It was so great to hear how the gospel is being spread over there. It is unbelievable how poor those people are! In some ways I envy them their hunger, both physically and spiritually. I take God's blessings so forgranted. Here's a song that makes me think every time I hear it.

I Stand Amazed

I bring You my heart/ I bring You my praise/ I bring You my broked dreams I've lost along the way/ I lift up my voice/ I lift up my hands/ I lift up the moments in my life that I don't understand/ And I lay it at the cross/ Where I'm surrounded by Your grace/ And I marvel at the wonder of Your LOVE// chorus: I stand amazed/ I stand in awe/ i stand forgiven in the midst of it all/ Before You I bow/ before You I fall/ Blessed Redeemer, Sweet Savior of all/ I stand amazed// I offer You thanks/ I offer my life/ I offer a sacrifice of praise when I'm scattered by the night/ For You are my shelter/ You are my King/ You are the risen Son of God/ the Lord of everything/ Now I'm standing at the cross/ Where I"m surrounded by Your grace/ And I marvel at the wonder of Your LOVE//I stand amazed/ I stand in awe/ I stand forgiven in the mids of it all/ Before You I bow/ Before You I fall/ Blessed Redeemer, Sweet Savior of all/ I stand amazed!
by GlassByrd

If God loves us enough that He would die for us, then why can't we do something for Him? He gave us our life. Why aren't we offering it back to Him like Hannah did with Samuel? I've heard it said that if we saw all the evil around us that we would die of terror. why is it that we don't die of bliss when we see a glimpse of God's splendor every day? We should be excited (excited is not a big enough word) about God, but instead we are scared of what others think of us! One of the best quotes I heard last summer was: "anything we go through here on earth is but a moment in time when you think about eternity". Somebody said this to me when I was complaining about sore muscles and being tired. I think of it now with the thought "we only have one life! And it is so short compared to eternity! God has given us this time and He wants us to use it to do His work wherever we are. I'll stop my rant for now, but be aware that the whole issue of complacency has been on my heart for a long time. It's not likely that I will give up the subject too soon.:) g'night.

2 comments:

tk said...

beautiful stuff.. :) you should write more often!

Ashleigh said...

wow that was a good post beth. don't worry about ranting because you're right and I think we need to hear more of it.