Monday, August 20, 2007

Sorry I've been so lax....

Hey everyone,
I haven't dropped off the face of the earth yet. :) My life is still pretty exciting with camp too, but I am always so zonked when I get home that all I do is read and sleep and play piano. So I'm down to my last week of camp. I am counseling a beginner horsemanship camp. Should be fun, but I'm pretty sore already. One of my knees is acting up from an old injury and so I will probably have to be really careful this week. It is already feeling better after this break, but being on a horse won't help it any. After camp I am planning on going to Ontario with my parents to visit friends and family. I will be exhausted, so I will appreciate prayers. ;) I am really looking forward to being back with campers this week. Last week I was in the kitchen all week and it was a bit of a hard week. I know I should be used to working in a kitchen by now, but the kitchen at camp is a bit frustrating. It's small and disorganized and hard to work in. We don't have good appliances to work with either. :( Suffice it to say...I got tired of it. I couldn't stand constant dirty dishes (no dishwashers) and no work space. Also we were often late in prepping and sometimes didn't have enough food. Really annoying!! I guess I am a bit of a perfectionist and so if I had to spend much more time in there i probably would have gone crazy! We also had longer days and i spent almost no time outside or with campers last week. It is getting closer and closer to a time when i have to find a job. Help!! I really don't know what to do, or even where to apply. Any ideas?? Anywhoo..it's time to be heading back to camp. Hopefully I'll be able to update this more fully when camp is over. I would really like to tell you about all the adventures I've had this summer! I would also really like to get caught up in my emailing. :s Catch ya'll later!

2 comments:

H. said...

Miss Beth... hope your summer has been good even though the kitchen at camp is crazy. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. It can be a difficult place to work, I can't wait till they get a new one! I hope you enjoy your last week with campers... I hope to stop by at some point to see everybody, or maybe staff party for a bit or something. Hope you are good!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth, I'm afraid you are use to a to nice kitchen... I hope this week was a good last week for you! And...eh... let's travel over the world, I don't know what to do either (or neither or ... I don't know) :-)
Hilde