Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Visiting Vacation

For as long as I can remember my vacations have always consisted of traveling and visiting someone somewhere or other. I've sometimes wondered what it would be like to go on vacation and just travel somewhere for no specific reason other than to relax. Quite honestly..I don't think I could do it. It may be just my circumstances of being unattached with family and friends spread across the world, or it may be my nature to not want to go somewhere with no ambition but to sit on a beach and stay in a hotel. I'm not sure.. :) Also if I did decide to travel somewhere completely different I think I would want to stay for a few months instead of a few days. Anyway... I really enjoyed my time in Ontario. It was wonderful to see Josh and Jenna and their kids. The kids are growing up way too fast! I also enjoyed a visit with Aunt Myrna and Uncle Ron in Wawa. I was able to go to a beach for a little while between Sault Ste Marie and Wawa. It was tempting to stop at more places than just Katherine's Cove, but I managed to somewhat satisfy my Lake Superior craving with some time spent walking along the beach and taking pictures. It was good to spend Sunday morning at Wawa Baptist Church. It had been a few years since I had attended a service there and though it is small, it was a great time of fellowship and celebrating communion together as a small body of believers. The church is in my prayers as they make decisions regarding whether to move into town and into a different building or not.
Here are a few pictures of my time spent in Ontario.

The Family

Jenna and James

Chloe loves the slides!

Chloe and James

Katherine's Cove

3 comments:

Heather said...

Well, this is what happens when I don't check your blog for a long time, you actually post! Now I have a lot to read, lol!

B C said...

Don't worry. You didn't miss anything too terribly exciting. ;)

Jamy said...

wow, look at that. Josh with 2 kids. I can hardly believe it.

Sounds and looks like you had fun.