Tuesday, April 19, 2005

life goes on and so does the story

Hey everyone! It has been a long time since I last posted. The last week or so has been really busy, but also a lot of fun. Last week I worked a lot of hours since I was filling in for someone who was away on holidays. Wednesday Heather and I went out for lunch at dj's and had some fun at the mall. (rolo;) On Friday Liane and Warren got engaged and on Saturday a few of us went to Bruce's and played games and had a fire. Sunday we had some praise and worship time and then went for a walk. Sunday evening Ellie, Tim and I went to Curt and Jacqui's wedding. Afterwards Ellie took me out for ice cream and we spent a lot of time talking about all the problems of the world and how they should be solved. :) good times. Yesterday I went to Christa Wilton's place and had some fun petting all the lambs (31 lambs so far) and then we went for a drive with one of the ponies (Prince). So...that's a bit of a outline of my whole week. This weekend our church is going to Camp Arnes for a family retreat. We are going to have a blast! can't wait! I guess I should get on with the story now. I ended with..."What is your name?" He answered,..."Davy O'Keith", he replied, "and what's your's?" I hesitated before answering, "I don't know. I seem to have lost my name and need a new one. Can you give me a name?" He looked puzzled for a moment and then answered. "I'll call you Wesley because you remind me of 'Wesley the Wanderer' from the old tales." "Thank-you" I said. "Wesley sounds like a good name. Can you tell me where I am and why this castle seems to have been forgotten and abandoned?" Davy replied, "I will if you tell me truly, Why are you here?" "I have no answer for you because I do not know myself." I replied. "I was hoping that maybe you could help me find out. I only know that I am supposed to find out about this castle." Davy straightened his shoulders importantly and said, "Then I will help you. I will tell you all about this castle and why it is abandoned and I will even show you all the secrets of it. Come on! The library is just down the passageway and it has all the history of the place holed up in a huge closet. I'll show you!" He took off running down the passageway and I quickly trotted after him. He took me past a few large doors and finally came to one that he pulled and tugged on before finally turning to me and saying, "Help me won't you?!" I grabbed the handle and pulled with all my might and finally the door creaked open reluctantly. Davy was already inside and pulling open the doors of a large case. Dust puffed up all around the case and a musty smell of old books wafted through the air. Davy sneezed three times before pulling out a massive volume that appeared to be about half the size of the small boy. I quickly joined him and helped him carry the tome to the huge desk that lay nearby. He opened the cover and began to retell the history of the castle and the village that populated the countryside to the west of the castle which I had not yet seen. The story went something like this...That's where I'll stop for today. Please give me some ideas for the history of the castle and village. Thanx for the ideas for names. Even though I came up with a completely different name for the boy. Thanx Ash for the name for myself. I've gotta get to bed now. I have a job interview for the Credit Union tomorrow. Pray for me! G'night all. ttfn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the country should be called, 'Fiddlestickinland', and the town should be called, 'Mahmahjojoghany'.
And the moat should be called, 'The Aquifer of death, and ..... life, and crocdiles, and flying fish of death, ... and life..

Ashleigh said...

well I think some sort of bad guys came to the village and attacked it and then yah I'll leave room for your imagination to work, but I do think that the boys should end up being brothers and like princes and such and the little boy isn't really that youg but a spell was put on him or something. so thats my ideas for you. hope you like them and can use them

Anonymous said...

In the village lived peasants. They were pleasant peasants(ha ha ha). The King who lived in the castle was a good king. He loved the peasants, and so he was good to them. The peasants were not bad off at all. The King had a son, an evil son. This son wanted only bad things. When the good King died, of course his son became King. He was not good to the peasants. So many of the peasants died of starvation. The bad king was also not good to his younger brother (I'm thinking the little boy from the story). So the whole kingdom was cast into dark times. The reason you are there is to bring life back. And of course the vial is part of it all. That's as much as I can think of right now.