Monday, April 11, 2005

Rainy Day

What a beautiful day! I love rainy days! I just got back from a nice run and the front of me is soaked through from running against the drizzle. :) This has been a really busy weekend. Friday I worked all day and right after work I went to the Fisher Bay Bible Camp Banquet (what a mouthful). Saturday I worked all day and had the option of going to the Michael Card Concert or staying home. I opted to stay home because I was tired. Sunday we had the Pembina Valley Promotional Worship Night. I was at the church from 1:45 in the afternoon till 9:00 at night with a short break for supper. It was great to see friends from camp and awesome praising God in song all day long! Today is a lazy day, though I'm thinking that I should go for a bike ride later on since it isn't windy. On with the story. Thanx again to anonymous for the ideas. I left off with...there came a creak and a scrape like the closing of a heavy door...I jumped, startled. I had thought that the castle was abandoned, but there must be someone or something still here. I debated what to do, and after considering the power of the water in the vial, I decided that it was safe enough to explore the cause of the sound. I followed the passage from which the sound had come, and I came to a huge door. It appeared to be heavy and made of solid, hard wood. I grasped the handle and pulled as hard as I could and surprisingly the door swung open with more ease than I had thought it would. It made the same rough scrape and squeak as I had heard before. I peered inside. It was a large room, and was what appeared to be a bedroom. The furniture was still there but the fabrics had long ago been devoured by moths. A glint of light caught my eye and I saw a mirror at the far end of the room that was reflecting a little light from the high window. I slowly walked towards it and stopped in front of it. My appearance made my eyes crinkle with laughter. I see that I am actually a young man of approximately 15 years of age. (this explains the sturdy black boots. Of course no ladies of that time would wear them) I have longish black hair and my shirt is torn and my arms are scratched and bloody from the field of death. I look very ill kempt and tired. The fact that I am a boy strikes me as funny and I begin to laugh. Then suddenly from the corner of my eye I see a movement in the mirror, My face turns sober and I whip around to look at what had caused the movement. Behind me was a little boy with short curly red hair. He was about 6 years old and his eyes sparkled with what looked like mischievousness, and it would have been, if it had not been for the circumstances. He looked at me warily. I slowly knelt down to his height and beckoned him closer. He slowly stepped forward, and I spoke aloud for the first time. "What is your name?" He answered, "...that's where I'll stop for now. I will keep anonymous' ideas in mind for next time. Please give me some ideas for the little boy's name. Have an awesome day! ttfn

7 comments:

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

wow, really good story Beth! Hey, being a boy isn't so bad!

Ashleigh said...

hey beth I agree with you on the rain. it makes me happy although it is a bit messy outside.

Anonymous said...

I think his name should be little William.

Anonymous said...

Something for your story. It came from a dream last night. There was this monster-man, who came up behind me and grabbed me by the shoulders. His one eye looked like someone had stuck a cube into his face, and pulled it out, and there was his eye. There was a pupil on each side of it. His face was also really deformed. I also had this other dream... Something about lots of ice cream... The mall... Beth... Rolo... but I don't remember much.

B C said...

sounds interesting, I probably won't use the monster though. too scary. You'll have to tell me your dream about the mall and rolo. I think I had the same one. :)

Ashleigh said...

I think his name should be tobby or westly or actully you should call him alex yep I think thats a keeper. I can see an alex when you discribe him.

davidh said...

hey there, you're in quizzing! haha that's neat. I found your blog from jeremy sawatzkys blog because he spoke at my camp. Haha anyways, now I sound like a stalker. Have a good day, God bless ya!