Monday, April 04, 2005

Another Continuation

Hey, I'm back to continue the story. First I'll give you a bit of a sum up of the weekend. Saturday was a beautiful day. It was really warm and windy. I went in to work from 10-2 and then later in the afternoon, I went for a bike ride and then a run. Sunday was just as nice and not nearly as windy. We had college and career and spent a great time in prayer then went to Warky's. My first reese peanutbutter cup twister was amazing! I was only able to eat half of it and gave Tim the rest. After Ice cream we went to Morden park to go for a "walk". I would call it more of a frolic than a walk. We had great times playing on the jungle gyms and having a snowball fight. anywhoos...on with the story. Thanx to Ashleigh and Anonymous for the ideas. I ended with...Suddenly behind me there was a great rush of wind...it raised havoc with the leaves and the field behind me rustled with discontentment. The wind smelled sweet and fresh and reminded me with a rush of pleasure of the starry fountain. I was strengthened and looked around me with new regard. I began to look for a different way to get to the castle. I walked along the moat to the right and to the left searching for some way across. I saw nothing that could be of help, but as I walked back to where the drawbridge should be lowered, and was still a ways from the crossing point, I saw a bright flash. It came from the direction of the field. I saw something bright and clear. In a small clearing in the field just to my left there was a large stone set up. On it's level top were carvings and in the center of the carvings was a vial. Again I thought of the fountain. I stepped gingerly into the field again and moved toward the stone. I finally came to the stone and found that it was as wide as I am tall and nearly as high. I tried to jump and launch myself onto the top of it so that I could more easily see the carvings and the vial. It proved useless and I only bruised my knees on it. I walked around the stone and saw a smaller stone on the other side of it placed there almost as in thoughtfulness of those lacking in height. I climbed atop and the wondrous carvings made me catch my breath. They were in the likeness of the starry fountain. In the center was the vial and it's clear brightness as the sun shone through it reminded me of the many colored light of the bubble stars. I slowly reached out my hand and took hold of the vial. As soon as I took up the vial, the field of death disappeared and I was back at the fountain. I filled the vial in the fountain and took my rest under the trees of the fruit grove. I was still puzzled as to how to get into the castle but I knew that the water had to do with it somehow. After an hour of rest I got up refreshed and started my journey anew. I walked across the flowery meadow and towards where the field of death should be. It disappeared with every step I took into it! In my wake more flowers followed in every shape and color and the loveliest of fragrances. I was soon at the edge of the moat and could find no way to cross. I realized that it was the light of the sun through the water that had made the field bloom. I quickly uncapped the vial and poured a small drop of water into the moat. The sunlight followed the drop straight into the moat and as the drop hit the stagnant waters of the moat, it seemed to spread and soon enveloped all the water of the moat in a sparkling magnificence. Before my eyes the crocodiles changed to brightly colored fish that bubbled and gurgled contentedly. I quickly slid down the hill into the moat and drank deeply from the refreshing water. I waded through the moat and enjoyed the soothing feel of cool water on scrapes and cuts from the field of death. I climbed up the other side of the moat and made my way to the doors of the castle. I grasped the large golden handles of the doors and pull with all my strength. They slowly creaked open and I peered into the darkness inside. I tiptoed through the entrance, leaving the doors open for light. The castle seems abandoned, for there is no light anywhere and there were thick layers of dust on all the heavy wood furniture. Directly ahead of me is a great staircase of stone. I slowly walk towards it and once I reach it I slowly make my way upwards grasping the sturdy smooth railing in one hand and my vial of precious water in the other. As I continue upwards the darkness thickens and as I reach the next floor I can only see by the dim light that I am in a great hall. Down a passage to the right there came a creak and a scrape like the closing of a heavy door....That is where I'll stop for now. I need some more ideas. I hope I satisfied Ashleigh's desire for a secret passage by the sudden appearance back at the fountain and I don't think that I shall put any dragons in this story. Please leave some more comments. This post has taken me almost an hour to complete. I'm not sure if that is a statement on my typing speed or just my thinking speed. Hope you all enjoy the story. ttfn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm guessing you follow the sound of the door, and come to THE DOOR. It's a really big door. It takes all your strength to open it. You walk in, and it looks like a great ball room. Down at the end you see a mirror, so you walk up to it, wondering what you look like after your travels. But, as you look into the mirror, the room behind you seems to change. There is light coming from somewhere, and you see people, dancing, etc. You turn around, and it's all gone. Next, you climb to the highest tower, and as you're standing on the balcony, overlooking the whole castle, you bring out your vial again. As you're examining it, a drop from the vial falls out, and splashes on the stone at your feet. Suddenly, it's like a wave washes over the castle, and the whole thing is transformed. Everything is beautiful and full of life and color. Ok, I'll leave it at that. That post will probably take you at least an hour.