Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I'm back and I'm done!...school that is

Hey everybody!
I finally have a free moment where the computer is free and I can be on here for more than a...a moment I guess. :) I finally finished my school last week Thursday. Wow am I happy to be done. I have a life again. Sort of. :) This weekend we have a Quiz Meet. I am super excited about it but also a little..well..worried. I haven't had enough time to memorize as much as I wanted to and it seems like a lot of people just haven't wanted to memorize. Oops. I guess that sounds a little harsh. I guess I'm also kinda concerned about the whole coaching thing. Our teams from Winkler don't have enough coaches. I guess the A team (Tim and I) can always go without. One thing I am not worried about is the Praise and Worship time. It is going to be so good!! I'm super excited about our Worship Team playing. Sometimes I get frustrated with myself for worrying about things that I don't need to worry about. I actually just memorized a passage from Matthew 6 that talks about worrying. Jesus is speaking in his sermon on the mount.
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we wear?' The pagans run after these things, and your Heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:25-34.
It takes so little time to memorize God's word but it takes a lot longer to apply it to my life. I wish I had an alarm that went off every time I started worrying. But I guess I would need a whole lot of alarms or buzzers to go off for all the times I do something wrong. It would probably end up being more confusing than it began.
Anyway...I've gotta get moving. Maybe I'll have more time now to write on here. But I won't worry about that right now. :)
ttfn (ta ta for now) as Tigger always says.



No comments: