Sunday, December 19, 2004

I Love Christmas!!

This past week has been one of the best weeks ever! Christmas must be my favorite time of year! It used to be that it was the best because of all the great presents and stuff, but now it's more about relationships with other people and with God.
At Christmas everybody gets together to do stuff and it feels like we all get just a little bit closer personally. Josh is coming home tonight and Nat and Candice will be around a bit more for the next couple of weeks. I guess now, after they have moved out and away, it is more special to have them around.
Right now for me it seems like everything I say, do, read, sing and whatever, are a lot more clear. I guess I'm just paying more attention.
Tonight I was at Alex and Julie's place for supper and we were talking about how long they have been here. We've known them for about three years and to me it seems like I'm just getting to know them. It's the same way with a lot of other people. I've been babysitting Natalie Klassen for over 3 years and it seems like just a few months. I've been friends with Heather for 10 years. Wow!
How does time go by so fast? I've been saying that "I'm getting old" but I don't think that's quite the feeling. I'm not old, but I've let a lot of things pass by without thinking about them enough and enjoying them to the fullest. All too soon somebody else will be babysitting Natalie and Ryan because I won't be around to do so. Heather and I will always be friends, but so many years have passed already and things will never be quite the same. I was actually talking about moving out next fall! :O
I want to go back to being 15 and just stay that age and have nothing change, and yet I want to go on and see what else God has in store for me. I hope I will appreciate life a lot more as I get older.
Here are the Lyrics for a great Christmas song:

"I Celebrate The Day" by Relient K
And with this Christmas wish is missed
The point I could convey
If only I could find the words to say to let You know
How much You've touched my life
Because here is where You're finding me,
In the exact same place as New Year's Eve
And from the lack of my persistency
We're less then half as close as I want to be

And the first time
That You opened Your eyes did You realize that
You would be my Savior
And the first breat that left Your lips
Did You know that it would change this world forever

And so this Christmas I'll compare
The things I felt in prior years
To what this midnight made so clear
That You have come to meet me here

To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me
In the hope that what You did
That You were born so I might live
To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me

And I, I celebrate the day
That You were born to die
So I could one day
Pray for You to save my life

God Bless! ttfn

1 comment:

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

Hey! You stole my song again! I was saving that one for Christmas day! Just kidding :)
Yeah, you are getting old...18...and that's like half way to fifty.