Tuesday, August 22, 2006

There and Back Again (Beth's Tale)

Actually, I'm going to keep this relatively short, because I am really tired. :) It was a successful day in the city. I got my flights booked, my travel insurance bought, and all the browsing through stores I ever have wanted to do in my life, done. It really feels official that I am going now! I also feel more nervous than ever about the lack of travelling I've done, but what better way to get experience except through experiencing. :) It was a fun day with the parents, but exhausting nonetheless. Far too much "browsing and saving", not that I wanted to spend money. Oh well, at least most of the day was spent in one of my favorite places...shoe stores. Just one of my many weaknesses, but I was able to hold out and didn't buy a single pair. Every time I was tempted, I just told myself that I was saving money by not buying them. I saved a few hundred bucks today. haha. Dad was looking for some shoes, but he ended up saving money too! There's nothing out there that could possibly measure up to my Dad. :) just kidding. The styles are a little weird in Men's dress shoes right now though. A whole bunch of European styles that have long toes that make you look like one of Santa's elves!!! :) Well...things are quickly falling into place for my trip so...time to talk to the boss. :) gotta get to bed soon! my eyes are starting to close on me. Peace

1 comment:

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

hey, a nice pair o' Merrells from Time-Out would do ya good in Austria!