Thursday, February 22, 2007

Rodelling..??

Many of you are asking, "What on earth is that?". Only the most amazing winter activity in the whole world!! So..the next mountain over has a rodelbahn that is 7 kms long. Basically it's tobogganing on a little wooden sled with a canvas seat that you steer by dragging your feet. It is so much fun!! Last night we went with the Norwegians that are here for this week. It was lots of fun to be able to go in the dark. They have lights all the way down the rodelbahn and there is even a tunnel that we have to go through. It takes 20 minutes to get down to the bottom and there are a lot of twists and turns and bumps on the way. I went during the day last week with Steve and Christy who were here from California, but last night was great. I took my own sled this time. It actually costs quite a bit to be able to go, but I'm going to get a ski pass so that I can go for cheaper during the day. It's really funny to think that rodelling would be completely illegal in Canada or the States. We go down at such a high speed and with so many people etc. Crazy, but awesome! I had french fries last night. They were almost exactly the same as McD's french fries. My system decided that it doesn't like fast food as much anymore. :) Oh well..probably good anyway. Well...It's really warm out again today. It was +15 yesterday and it must be close to that again today. I sat outside for a couple of hours yesterday and I think I got a bit of a tan. I think I'm going to go and read outside again. Hope you are all doing well. Send us some snow ok?

4 comments:

Justin said...

If you happen to find a summer rodelbahn when the weather gets nicer, give that a try, they're pretty fun as well. Enjoy the warm weather!

Anonymous said...

How cool and Fun!! Glad to hear you are having a great time! Enjoy!

Marge Kuhl

Heather said...

Wow, sounds like fun! We just got a bunch of snow out here. In fact I think it's still snowing a bit. The only problem is it's pretty warm, so the roads are all slushy and gross.

Stacey said...

It's finally melting!! Horray!