Thursday, February 01, 2007

Well..it's been awhile. It has been a bit hectic lately. :) This past weekend we had a staff outing. Crazy people!! We hiked up Hochwurzen. I walked and the rest of the group used touring skis. It was an hour and a half straight up the ski slope. I have never been in such pain!! There was no relief, no flat areas, just up. Anyway..we finally got to the top and had supper in a hut. Great ribs and potatoes. I ate a lot and was still hungry! I thought I was in pretty good shape already, but the Austrians proved me wrong. We all thought that the ski hill was open for night skiing that night, so everyone else would ski down and I'd take the Gondola, but it turned out that the slopes were closed. Luckily a few people had headlamps. It was decided that I would get a piggy back ride down by Andy or Heli. They are the best skiiers here and the strongest. Of course I said "NO WAY!!" how embarrassing. I could just run down and be down 10 minutes later than the rest, but Hans Peter didn't want to have to worry about me. Just before we were going to leave, one of the other staff said that they didn't feel comfortable skiing in deep snow in the dark. So it was arranged that she and I would get a skidoo ride down to the bottom. Thank Goodness!! I never would have been able to live that one down. Besides, how scary would it be to be skiing in complete darkness and blowing snow downhill on someone's back?? Bet you wouldn't do it either! So that was our staff outing. Fun, but tiring. Tuesday was the World Cup Ski Race here in Schladming so I was able to watch Bodie Miller and Ted Ligety ski the Planai. We all got free tickets to the race since we are within the fenced off area. Cool!! It was THE ski race of the year. I have no idea what happened or who won. :) There were 42,000 people in Schladming that night. I got sick yesterday and couldn't even work today. I am sitting here feeling as sick as a dog. :s The flu is going around like an epidemic here. Luckily I have only been feeling feverish and weak and all my joints are sore. I've been having a hard time walking up or down stairs today. Prayer would be appreciated. :) That's all that's new for now. ttfn

No comments: