Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy...

This week is full and I've been going hard already. Today was my day off and so I didn't do anything too exciting, but I really needed a lax day so I don't get sick again. Sunday, the guests arrived and I played piano for the praise and worship. It was a bit scary, I introduced myself in German for the first time and played praise and worship for the first time with 2 new songs. It was actually a lot of fun to play for praise and worship and I felt like Niffy, Becca, and I really played well together. Yesterday was a really full day. I got up at 6:00 to prepare breakfast, worked in the kitchen all morning, went for a walk with some girls in the afternoon and then went running after that. Worked in the evening to prepare supper and do cleanup. Then I worked the Bistro till 10:40. I was wasted after that and my roomate said that I fell asleep before my eyes closed. :) I've been learning a bit of German. Two short phrases that I've learned are...Ich bin so stolz auf dich. And...Ich habe drei espresso gemacht. Of course I understand a lot more German than that now, but I am just starting to learn grammar. Don't worry..I'm trying to learn German from people who speak good Hoch Deutsch. There are a few people here who are from Germany and don't speak slang or dialect as much. Especially Mario. His German is almost too perfect. :) anywho..ttfn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to talk german with you

Julie

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

What do you mean with "don't wory I'm learning Hoch Deutsch...."

Stacey said...

How funny is that!! I can just imagine you introducing yourself in German... haha!