Friday, March 23, 2007

#100

Well guys, sorry it's been a little while again. I have now made it to post 100. Life is good here. I'm a little tired today as I only slept for about 5 hrs last night. I couldn't fall asleep and then I joined Mark and Christian for a bible study this morning at 6:00 am. We watched a video lecture of Major Ian Thomas. It was really good and spoke about giving our lives over into God's hands and living within His will. This subject has been on the hearts of many people here lately. We are leaving for Venice tomorrow morning at 5:00 and it'll take about 4 hours to get there. It should be fun! The hostel that we are staying at is actually a bunch of mobile homes that people rent. Kinda cool. I'm excited to be able to get away for a weekend. I feel a bit like I can't stop working when I'm here. :) I went skiing again on Tuesday and managed pretty well. I skied on a red pist on my 3rd day skiing. I only have enough points to go about six more times. At least I can say that I learned how to ski in Austria though. The church bells are going here. You guys need to watch Sound of Music. Listen to the bells. I get to hear that sound many times a day. It's so cool to have old bells ringing in the churches all the time. I went climbing again at Hopsi on Sunday. I climbed a wall with a difficulty rating af between 5.9 and 5.10 (yosemite decimal rating) I tried once and then had to try again to make it all the way up. My arms were so swollen after climbing that I couldn't even pull the skin. I felt like popeye and my arms were actually numb. Hilde and Tom also came and we took turns belaying each other. Tom is a foot taller than me and so it was interesting to watch him climb the same wall and compare how he could reach stuff that I couldn't :) That was Sunday. It was close to 20 degrees that day and then on Monday we got over a foot of snow down here and probably more than a meter up on Planai. The ski instructors went on a tour today and apparently the Dachstein has some spots with over 4 meters of snow!! Crazy. It went from daffodils blooming back to winter-wonderland in less than 24 hours. It was pretty amazing to see all the snow in the evergreen trees! And it was perfect snowball weather. It's melting quite a bit today and I'm back in my flip flops. It's supposed to drizzle while we are in Venice, but that's ok. We'll have umbrellas. Anyway..I'll take lots of pics and try to post some online somewhere. ttfn

No comments: