Sunday, April 01, 2007

Well..it's been another week..

Wow!! Another busy week gone by. I'm basically exhausted right now. :) The new guests are already starting to arrive and I feel like I haven't even had a chance to breathe. Oh well only two more weeks. This week we have a whole bunch of kids. I think around 40. Anyway. I should tell you a bit about my past week and weekend. So..as you all know, last weekend I went to Venice. What an amazing time. The hostel was great fun and I have a couple hundred photos of the trip. Venice is beautiful!! We skipped all of the tourist attractions and just spent the whole day wandering around the city and getting lost. We ended up at a tiny cafe for supper where I had the most amazing meal ever. Real italian pasta and cheese. We also managed to eat 4 gelatto each during the course of the day and I even had an Italian Capuccino and Pizza. So good! Olive Garden will be ruined forever. :) The past week was fun with a really good group of people and I went skiing twice. This weekend we had a staff outing in Salzburg at a Japanese Restaurant. It was kinda the same idea as the Golden Fork, but 100 times better. You chose a sauce and filled your plate with whatever food you wanted cooked and you could have as many platefuls as you wanted. I had Shrimp, Bamboo Shoots, Carrots, Turkey, Beef and Kangaroo and Noodles. Yes..I had Kangaroo!! It was really good. Don't worry, the Australians in our group weren't offended. They recommended it. I had all of that with a Japan Sauce over top which was phenomenal and spicy!! I miss spicy food! A lot of people went back for seconds, but I couldn't. They also had a fruit buffet with strawberries and kiwis and tons of other fruit. Also a Salad buffet and a Sushi buffet. I tried a lot. Did I mention that I ate all of this with chopsticks! Incredible! I actually did quite well and managed to get all of my food in my mouth. And I ate a lot! After that we came back and rented the movie Cars. Really fun! Today I spent the morning reading and rewatching part of Cars and then I watched Pirates 2 in the lecture hall on the big screen. Good times! Anyway, it's gorgeous outside and the sun is calling my name. I'll talk to ya later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you are really enjoying your time out there. May the Lord continue to bless you.

Anonymous said...

Beth,

The "Golden Fork" should be the "Royal Fork", but then again with the food you've been eating it could be "either-or".
That Aussie meat must have made you "kanga"-"drool".

Hang in their mate,

Daddy - o

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,

your trip sounds like fun. Heinrich and I were once in Venice, but only for 30 minutes. We had to change the train there and walked a little around the station. We were impressed and promised to come back, but never could make it.

And the all the food you ate, mmmmhhhh. Now you know what we miss in Mennonite country the most :-)