Saturday, April 21, 2007

A Day In Salzburg

I feel like I've been going nonstop for over a week and I have. :) Once we started the cleaning there was no turning back. So I again was reminded that major cleaning includes vacuuming everywhere. I developed a new technique for under the bed vacuuming. Whatever I don't get with the vacuum..my shirt will pick up. :) I was a bit sore for awhile. I only had to work till Wednesday afternoon. Thursday I took it easy and did some reading and sleeping. Yesterday Mark and Hilde and I went to Salzburg. I'm not really into the whole touristy thing, so we just walked around. Mark came with us because he was leaving for Turkey from Salzburg. He hung out with us in the morning and we had McD's for lunch because we couldn't find a Kebap place. (Hilde and I found 7 different ones after Mark left.) We had a great time walking up one of the hills of the town and checking out the watchtowers and the wall. It was good to get out of Schladming and Tauernhof for a day. After lunch we split with Mark. He went to the Airport and we continued to walk around the old city and climbed up to the fortress. We decided against going in and walked back down to the city to do some shopping. Both of us were successful in finding the things we needed. I'm glad that we didn't have more than a day to walk around. We ran out of things to do and hung out in Mirabelle Gardens for a while. Finally we walked to the train station and met Becca at the train to come back to Schladming. She spent last night here and will be flying home to Canada on the 23rd. Today is a lazy day and I'm tired. I haven't been able to sleep past 6:00 for the past week. Here's a recent pic from our picnic on Sunday. This is the Dachstein in Spring. What a gorgeous day!!

No comments: