Sunday, April 22, 2007

Some Snippets of Venice

Finally figured out a way to post pics on my blog again. Here's a few for those of you I couldn't invite to view my kodak gallery. Students have begun to arrive for Spring School. I'm hiding in my room and this is awesome. I found out that the wireless works up here. Yeehaw!! Shh...don't tell anyone. It's great 'cause I'll be able to come up here and hang out in the afternoons instead of trying to find a free place in the Eagle's Nest. Sweet!! It's a pretty lax day today. I don't have to start work till 4:00 and then it begins and the next weeks are going to fly. Most of the students are under 20. I'm going to feel like the old one now. :) 50 out of 72 are under 20 and most of them are 18 year olds. Oh well..should be interesting. I get to help lead a family group. 4 Canadians, 3 Americans and 1 German who I've already met. Nice girl named Sarah. I'm looking forward to having some structure again with bible studies and lectures and sunday services. It was a long winter of hearing German and struggling to understand. I'm still learning. I'm working on reading a book in German with a German/English dictionary close at hand. I am also helping the Korean girls with their English. I told them that they probably shouldn't ask me since I'm from a Mennonite community and also have been simplifying my English for the last few months. Oh well..we'll have korean girls speaking with a mennonite accent. haha. They have a really cute accent now. They mix up p's and f's, and r's and l's. It can be very difficult to understand them sometimes. Anyway..I'm going to go and enjoy the sunshine and find Hilde so we can prepare something for our Family Group. ttfn

No comments: