Friday, April 13, 2007

Are You All Just Itching....

to hear what's going on in the life of Beth??? Life is always busy here and it's been another full week with 30 kids. It's the last "normal" day of the Winter season. Tomorrow we start the major cleanup before spring school and we also start to say goodbye to people. :( So..this past week..where to start? Saturday. Saturday we spent the morning cleaning as usual and then we had a fantastic meal all together with genuine Dutch food. I can't begin to tell you the names of the food, but it was potatoes and carrots and cabbage and meat cooked in various ways. We also celebrated Rebecca's Birthday early since she's leaving on Sunday. We had a fruit topped Flan and my specialty One Bowl Chocolate Cake. Thanx Mom!! It's been a hit here! Sunday. Easter Sunday was perfect!! I got up for a sunrise service at 4:00 am to be there for 5:00. We carried torches up a hill to a lit cross and had some singing and a devotional. When we got back to T-hof i decided to go running in the rain (yes it was raining) at 6:00. I got back and made myself a pancake breakfast and then watched a lecture video of Major Ian Thomas with Christian. In the afternoon I sunbathed for a while and then got asked spur of the moment to go snowshoeing with Mark. We hiked up a mountain in snowshoes before I had to be back in the kitchen. It was amazing! God gave us a perfect day for it and it was slushy and wet, but we still slid down the mountain on our backsides in shorts. Sorry if that sounds a little jumbled. Monday was a normal work day. I worked the Bistro with Niffy for the last time. :( Tuesday was my day off and I even managed to sleep through the 6:00 body clock. I finally was able to sleep in till 8:00. Yippee!! It was another gorgeous day and I went shopping in town and bought myself some food to make for dinner. Also Tuesday night we went to the Brewery for drinks because Christian was leaving Wednesday morning. Wednesday. Christian left. :( I peeled cucumbers and potatoes outside in the sun. (I have a pretty good tan/sunburn going on right now) Went to bed at 8:15 and woke up at 6:00 to make breaky. Thursday. Normal working day. Went running with Mark up the Talbach and back. Great run!! and fast! Went to bed at 10:00 and woke up at 6:45 for staff meeting. Friday. Normal day. Morning went fast and we had some time off to relax. Had staff meeting and farewell for 5 more staff members. :( And the rest of the plan for the day...go shopping for gifts and work the Bistro for the last time with Tom. Good times. Peace.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better! Can't wait to see you again. Only 2 1/2 more months! You'll have to build yourself a mountain out here, so you can keep running uphill!! HAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth,

I can tell you the names of the dutch food we eat ;-)

For example 'hutspot'

Hilde