Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Perseverance

So life is still passing by at the speed of light. Not a lot is new right now. Thought that I would have become accustomed to the work I am doing now, but it seems that this work is of a nature that you cannot become used to. :) That is a good thing, because I always have something to do and a challenge to keep me from getting bored, but it's also really tiring.

I've been managing to keep up with friends and family, but running and memorizing has taken a slide.

A couple of weeks ago I had fun going to a couple of "Reinstate" concerts. The guys are so good at playing together and they keep on getting better! It is so fun to watch them! If you have opportunity to go to a concert, I strongly suggest you go!

Easter came and went this past weekend. It was really good to be with family and celebrate Christ, our life's purpose. I was asked to switch with someone for special music and ended up playing on Sunday. I managed to find a song that I played with a couple of girls in Austria 3 years ago. It's called "Sing to Jesus" by Fernando Ortega. Really beautiful song! It was fun to learn it again.


I decided it was high time I finished memorizing chapter one of Philippians today.

Philippians 1:18-30

But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me. Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved-and that by God. For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him, since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have.


Paul is such an amazing letter writer! I love reading this. It draws me in to where he's at and how he's feeling as he's writing this letter. He is in jail and suffering for Christ. He's still concerned for the churches he's planted and wants to hear that they are growing and being encouraged.
How many of us would be that selfless? He knows that it would be so much better and easier if he would just die and go home to be with the Lord, but he knows that for the sake of the church he will go on living a life of sacrifice for Christ to further his kingdom. You can see Paul's humanity in this letter and his longing for rest, but he has chosen to give Christ's life in him the upper hand.
How much of my life is based on me? on what I want? Am I portraying Christ's love the way I should be? It is so easy to forget that everything I do should be in the interest of others to the glory of Christ. How do I overcome self and give Christ's life in me the upper hand? I believe that it is only by spending time with God and being in communication with Him throughout the day that will allow me to be in tune with His purpose for me.

Here's a song that I was listening to last night that touched my heart again.

Face of Love by Sanctus Real

I've seen your face on stained glass, in colored lights
In pictures of you looking to the sky
You've been portrayed a thousand different ways
But my heart can see you better than my eyes
'Cause it's love that paints the portrait of your life

The face of love
The face of love
You look more like love every day

I've read your words in the pages of your life
And I've imagined what you were like
I may not know the shape of your face
But I can feel your heart changing mine
And your love still proves that you're alive

You are the face that changed the whole world
No one too lost for you to love
No one too low for you to serve
So give us the grace to change the world
No one too lost for me to love
No one too low for me to serve

Let us see... let us be your face

No comments: