Thursday, May 06, 2010

How they love each other

By this all men will know you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:35

How are you making yourself known as a disciple of Christ? Do people see the difference in you?
I was listening to a song by Downhere this morning "How They Love Each Other" and it talks about how believers are identified by their love for each other. It can be so easy to say all the right words, but can you really back it up? Can you follow through with your actions and reactions?

I was having a bit of a bad day today. Heard some bad news about my Grandpa's health last night and then to top it off I woke up 5 minutes before I usually leave for work. So on a bad day I can find it really hard to be gracious and loving. I'm glad I was listening to that song this morning because even though it's still not a great day, I can make sure I don't make it a bad day for someone else and maybe God will use me to touch someone else today.


Attitude check everybody's got x-ray vision
Spot a fake, walk away
'Cause he's not worth my time, precious attention
Does it make you scared to think you stand for something bigger?
But will I ever know 'til you say it with your life?

Chorus
How they love each other
How they shine
And they follow one
We would like to know ourselves

Not your fancy talk, not your upright walk
They're not enough, so chalk one up for love again
Here's the same old good news
When you love, you give
And you can never lose, no never
Does it make you scared to think you matter in the bigger picture?
But will I ever know 'til you say it with your life?

No comments: