Friday, May 28, 2010

Waking up..

So last night was a bit of a sleepless one for me. Woke up at 1 because someone was screaming in my dream and I realized it was actually a cat outside. I am not a happy person when woken in the middle of the night and so you can imagine my violent leanings when the cat persisted in screaming as loud as it could.
I don't remember what time the storm started, but I was awake off and on listening to the thunder and my dishes shaking in the cupboard. I got up once, remembering that I often have water come in through my exhaust fan in the the kitchen and so I went and put a bucket there with a towel around it. Then I worried about whether I might have water in the basement if I had forgotten to put the drain troughs back on after I mowed the lawn. So I quickly ran out the front door to make sure they were on and I checked all the corners in the basement to make sure no rain was getting in. I thought I might as well check the dehumidifier right away to make sure it wasn't full, not to mention the sump pump to make sure it was running properly ...needless to say, it was awhile before I got back to bed.
This morning when I drove to work I was a bit scared of stalling the car in a huge puddle at the end of my street. The water came up to my doors on that one.
Anyway..usually I love thunderstorms, but this one was a doozy.
It's storming again now and I have to run out in it to get back to work. Probably should have stayed for lunch today..oh well.

No comments: