Monday, March 28, 2005

most awesomest dayest "Everest almost"

Hey! Today was an awesome day! It was beautiful outside, and WET! I spent the morning driving around town with my Dad. This afternoon I played some piano and then...and then...and then we went...HIKING!! WOOHOO! why am i so excited? I haven't been hiking in a really really long time. Warren went hiking up at Riding Mountain with some friends this weekend and I was pretty jealous. So we ended up going hiking today. He took us (Tim, Ash, Liane and I) to the Morden beach trails and we had a blast. Before we left Ash asked me if she should wear her ski pants and I told her that she wouldn't need them unless she was planning on falling down every 2 minutes. Of course when we got there and started hiking (without Ashleigh's ski pants) she did fall down basically every 2 minutes. It was hilariously fun skidding down icy, slushy, muddy trails! Ashleigh just couldn't seem to stay on her feet and she almost brought me down with her a few times not to mention the others. Warren wanted us to see a "cool" spot before we headed back to the car. It seemed to take us a really long time to get to the "cool" spot because we kept on getting sidetracked. Like one time the other girls wanted to climb a boulder and Warren decided to try to jump up on top of it to join them. He takes a running start and jumps...only to bash his leg against the rock (just like I told him he probably would) :), but obviously he wasn't too injured because...the hike continued. Finally after a few slipping, sliding, and falling incidents with Ash, we made it to the "cool" spot. And it was cool. basically it was a great view of the river and hills. Of course I had to open my big mouth and point out a trail leading higher, which Warren said offered an even more impressive view. So up we went. Tim and Ash decided to come up the hard way. Tim got up all right but it took Ash some time before she could get up the mud cliff (Everest almost). Meanwhile we were having a jolly good time making the echoes on the otherside work their vocal chords and watching Tim "break dance" and generally make a fool of himself. (as we all were doing) Ash finally gets up(Everest almost) and we stand up there for a while longer enjoying the echoes and the view. Soon we decided to head back down and somehow on the way down Ash slipped again. We were still right at the top of the mud cliff (Everest almost) and Warren made the comment, "Ash, we aren't going to carry you home" and just as Ash is trying to get up she tumbles backwards off the mud cliff (Everest almost) and bounces and rolls to the bottom of the hill which I have named (Everest Almost). We were all a little stunned and then it struck us as funny and we cracked up. We laughed so hard we were bent over. Ash landed at the bottom in a puddle and thankfully she hadn't broken any bones and wasn't seriously hurt. She was very wet and muddy. Finally we got back down and slipped and slid our way down the trail to the lake. We decided to take a shortcut by walking on the lake instead of the trails. The top layer of the lake was slush and water and soon my feet were completely soaked. Eventually we made it back to the car. On the way home my face felt like it was frozen in a smile. My face and stomach hurt from laughing so hard and so often. I can't wait to go hiking again! :) We all had supper at our house and went to worship team practice afterwards. I just got home about an hour ago since I stayed after both worship team practices to play some piano. I feel very tired now and since I am getting up at 7:00 to go running with Dad tomorrow I'd better get to bed. G'night all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that was a fun day. we should do it again. I was really sore today and I have many bumps and bruises and schatches and such. you know when we got back to the car I was so wet and tired and sore but all I was thinking was we got to do it again.

B C said...

Yeah we should do it again, but next time Ash might break some bones. Also I don't know if my abs can take that much laughing again.