Sunday, October 22, 2006

It has been a while again :(

Sorry! I truly tried to post yesterday, but blogger wouldn't let me in!! Life is going...One more week till I move home. I have a lot of work cut out for me this week! oh well, I have a day off tomorrow to start. I was the Junior Church leader this morning. Wow! what a bunch of hooligans. 16 kids is too much! Actually I think we are thinking seriously of splitting the 2-3's from the 4-5's and having two rooms going. It's too hard to keep the younger ones involved and everyone under control and happy. Oh well. kids are cute and fun anyway. I loved playing duck duck goose this morning. I probably got more exercise than I had all week! Football is on. Lately I've been watching a lot of sports. Hockey, Baseball, Football...
I'm trying to think of what I have been thinking about lately that might be worth posting. I've been listening to some Jennifer Knapp lately. Probably about the only female artist I enjoy listening to.

All the chisels I've dulled carving idols of stone
That have crumbled like sand 'neath the waves.
I've recklessly built all my dreams in the sand just to watch,
them all wash away.
Through another day, another trial, another chance to reconcile
To one who sees past all I see.
And reaching out my weary hand I pray that you'd understand
You're the only one who's faithful to me.
All the pennies I've wasted in my wishing well
I have thrown like stones to the sea.
I have cast my lots, dropped my guard, searched aimlessly for a faith
To be faithful to me.
Through another day, another trial, another chance to reconcile
To one who sees past all I see.
And reaching out my weary hand I pray that you'd understand
You're the only one who's faithful to me.
You're the only one who's faithful to me.

I love this song. It reminds me that of all the things I fill my life with, only God really matters and fulfills. Only God is faithful. I put too much of myself into things that don't last or even matter in the long run. It was snowing when I walked to church this morning. Just softly snowing. It was beautiful! I love the changing of seasons! What a reminder of how wonderful everything God has created is, how powerful and attentive to detail God is! The Franklin Graham crusade has been going on this weekend. Hopefully the numbers have been good. The ministry needs a lot of prayer. That the messages and music would be effective in sharing the gospel and touching people's hearts. I hope you all have a good weekend/week ahead!

No comments: