Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sorry Guys

I know it has been a little while, but the last few days have been exhausting! I am training my first new employee at work and the amount of talking and explaining and concentrating I have to do is incredible. I forgot how much stuff you have to learn when you first start a job like mine. There is so much little stuff that needs to be remembered that i just take forgranted now. Right down to the way you organize and write things down. :s Last night we had quiz practice. Good times! I love quizzing! It is so encouraging and exciting to see kids excited about memorizing God's Word!! I really need to take more time to memorize again. A couple of weeks ago we had people from Trans World Radio out for a visit and to share in church. One of the things they shared was..in China some Christians would take a week off of work so they could study God's Word before they had to pass their copy of the Bible onto the next person. I need to have that mindset...This might be the last day that I get to read God's revealed Word.
Tonight we had bible study. We are learning how to memorize and meditate on scripture. There are far to many "out there" thoughts about meditation. All it is in a Christian context is thinking and finding new truths about God's word. Trying to get all the truth you can out of the Bible. We went through 2 exercises to help us gain new truths and apply them to our lives. We paraphrased a verse in our own words and we also wrote down questions about verses. These questions were to make us think harder and perhaps even search the scripture more deeply for answers. It was really encouraging and relaxing to be with our group tonight and to share and pray together. I'm feeling pretty rested right now, but I still need to go and get a good night's rest for tomorrow. ;) Tomorrow and Friday we get to wear jeans!! Our boss was in a really good mood when he decided that! Anyway...good night

No comments: