Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Back Online..

So..the Internet wasn't working for awhile. Life has been business as usual here. We had a bit of a break this past weekend between camps. We have another group here which is more than half children from ages 5-18. Crazy!! It is loud! I had my day off yesterday and was able to go running with a girl who lives here in Schladming. She doesn't work at Tauernhof, but she did a few months back and I met her at a lecture. We ran up the Talbach trail. Yes..literally up. I am feeling my lower back and my thighs today! Definitely felt good to go running though. And it is so much fun to be able to run along a river and hear the water the whole time. We set a pretty slow pace and were able to run for a full half hour without stops. Quite a feat for me, I haven't actually done any decent running for a few months. I guess running up and down 5 flights of stairs in the house did help though ;). I am working in the kitchen for this camp and the next. I made chocolate chip cookies my first day. It was great to have a bit of junk food! Today I chopped chocolate for sweet Croissants (sorry mom..the pastry is bought) and I peeled carrots like I was in the Navy. :) Great fun!! Luckily we have latex gloves otherwise my hands would still be orange. We had chicken and potatoes for lunch. Yummy! The potatoes here seem to taste so much better! Sweeter or something. Better flavor, or maybe I am always just starving here. Yes..unfortunately I have lost weight...again. :( I'm trying to eat more, but there is so much bread and carbs that I just burn it off right away. I need to drink more milk and eat more cheese and meat. Speaking of food..my stomach is grumbling. I think I'm going up to the Bistro for a cup of Hot Chocolate and biscotti. Hope you are all doing well!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beth- thanks for the updates- glad to know you're having a good time. Take care- Margarita