Thursday, January 18, 2007

Devos..

So..this morning I shared a devotion. Basically it feels like getting up in front of everyone in church. I shared a bit of a testimony. This camp has been a bit tough spiritually. Most of the students aren't Christians and so it's a little hard to know where to begin with them for devotionals and bible studies. Two nights ago Sigi shared a bible study. He pretended to be a Jewish man living just after Jesus died. He came in all dressed in Jewish clothes and told the story of Jesus Christ from a Jewish unbeliever's perspective. It was really good! This week has been fun. The Norwegian language is so cool, but it would be scary to try to learn it! It's a weird mix of languages. It often sounds french but with a few German sounding words mixed in with an almost oriental accent. Strange. It has been great to be able to speak English more often though. The flu has been going around here. It seems to be a fairly nasty strain too. Mixed with a bad cold. My roommate was sick and still isn't doing so great. I really am praying that I don't get sick again. Having one cold is bad enough. :) This week has also been filled with injuries. The Norwegians are crazy!! One guy tried a jump and caught an edge and ended flipping and landing on his back. They had to call in a helicopter. He fractured a vertebrae in his spine and had a lot of pain and couldn't move his legs. They kept him in the hospital for a couple of days, but apparently he can still walk and stuff on his own as long as he doesn't lift anything and rests a lot. He came back today. Another girl had a run in with a Polish skier and ripped his forehead open with her helmet and strained her knee. Eis, one of our ski instructors, snapped cartilige in his knee and tore a tendon. He had surgery yesterday and will be in the hospital till Sunday. I'm thinking that not having a ski pass or the ability to ski is a good thing. I really don't want to be injured. A lot of the injuries are ones that will never be completely ok again. Knees take years to heal properly and not to mention spines. Also a lot of sprained ankles. Crazy! I'll stick to running for now. :) I went running again on Tuesday and was able to keep myself going for almost a full hour. Running up and down stairs and pushing vacuum cleaners and mops must be helping. I have never had that kind of endurance before. I have been going to bed early. 9:30-10:00 usually. I got my hair cut yesterday. Rebecca, one of the kitchen girls and also a Canadian, cut it for me. She did a really good job! I think she's a keeper. I'm trying to convince her to move home with me. :) Anywhoo..that's all that's new right now. I'll try to take a few pics of everyday life here. ttyl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think you're smart to stick to running! I can just see you in a body cast or something:)