Sunday, January 21, 2007

Continuing on the Same Servant Theme

More rain today. :( I think it did manage to give us some powder up on the mountains, but who knows how long that'll last with how warm it is. So..God brought us another fun group of people. The Dutch people. :) What a weird language. It makes my throat hurt just listening to it. They use a lot of throaty noises. I can't even try to pronounce some things. German is actually easier in comparison. I tried to introduce myself to the group in Dutch, but had to break down in the middle and just admit that I'm Canadian. :) So..I am still stuck on servanthood. Can't get away from it here. It's really good! It's also awesome that all of us kitchen/house girls can get together to pray every morning and get our minds and hearts straight for the day. It's great to be able to lift others up in prayer and just chat and make sure everyone is doing well. I am really enjoying the epistles lately and so the passage of scripture I have been thinking on today is Romans 12:1
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship.
Also Romans 6:13-14
Do not offer the parts of your body to sin as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. For sin shall not be your master because you are not under law, but under grace.

So, obviously I have been offering my body lately in service. And I have been feeling it too. :) Still it wouldn't be sacrificial if my mind and heart were not in the right place. Too often I find myself grumbling and complaining to myself and focusing on the bad instead of the good. I constantly have to remind myself of why I am here. To serve God..to further His kingdom. Yeah..so..I make food and clean toilets, big deal right? Still..everyone has to eat etc. If I am doing this with a good attitude and even only come in contact with the other kitchen girls I can still make their lives a little happier. I am so thankful to God that he has given me this opportunity and time to be drawn back closer to Him! I have a lot more time on my hands here in the afternoons and evenings. I keep being drawn back to His Word and other good books that are challenging me (though sometimes the only challenge is to stay awake. :) Anyway..not much else new here..I may post some pics or something tomorrow or the next day. Adios

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beth,
thanks for this post. It helped me start my day with the right attitude (never ending dirty diapers, never ending dirty laundry, picking up toys, clothes, books...) Thanks.
Irene