Sunday, February 21, 2010

Advancing the Gospel

It's been a bit busy around here lately. Olympics is taking up a bit of time, running another chunk, work...the largest chunk. :) I'm starting my new position tomorrow and was busy training someone this last week. I got around to memorizing another few verses this evening.

Philippians 1:12-14

No I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel. As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly.


So, what does it take for us to speak the word of God courageously? Are we ever spurred on to that point of speaking boldly about the truth? I can remember a few times that I have felt emboldened and fearless. Usually it's after a time at Bible camp, or when I came home from Austria, or even when I have been affected by death.
It's definitely something to think about. I need to make sure that I see each day as an opportunity and as exciting to be alive for one more day to serve God. It's so easy to lose track of what we're here for. What are we here for? To further God's kingdom on earth, not to increase our bank accounts or pride, but to use what God blesses us with to love others and be used in their lives to draw them closer to Him.
I believe that it is of utmost importance for us as God's children to be in His word and communicating with God through prayer. How can we expect to be in God's will unless we are so close to God that we know what his will is? You can't know someone that you don't spend time with. Let's spur each other on to love and good deeds! Hebrews 10:24


No comments: