Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Began a good work..

So today was my second day of memorization.

Philippians 1:4-6

In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Love those verses! Those Philippians were so blessed to have an example and mentor like Paul. He was cheering them on in the faith and upholding them in prayer. I feel so blessed to have people like that in my life as well. The first ones that come to mind for me are my parents. They are constantly providing support and encouragement and lifting me before my heavenly Father. A goal of mine is to be that person to others. I think it is wonderful to have that knowledge that someone is mediating for you and cares so much about your life. Are you that person for someone? Do you tell those people? Another person who has been that person for me is Rhonda. Really appreciate you Rhonda!

This morning at work we had a staff meeting at which was given some disappointing news, which I believe was received very well by the staff. Afterward we went around the room and said one thing that we appreciated about the person next to us. It was so good to hear those things said out loud! So good to see how our staff meshes and works together and cares for each other. I work with an awesome group of people in the MSRs and I will miss them. I hope that the team I will be joining will be just as great (I'm sure they will be) and that I can be a Christ-like example as I tackle the project with them.

Well the rest of the week is looking surprisingly calm. A couple more days of running. A girls night with Heather (which I am really looking forward to!), and my evenings are still free otherwise. I had lunch with another friend today, which was really good. Love spending time with my people! :)

Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good post Beth. Keep 'em coming!