Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fruit of Righteousness

Day Four brings me to Philippians 1:9-11

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ-to the glory and praise of God.


Here is a description of the kind of love that Christians are to show. Not just higgledy piggledy emotive love, but a love that takes thought and decisiveness. A love that is based on knowledge of who God is and how that affects our lives and our actions toward others. This is the type of love that should motivate our every action and which will ultimately bring us before Christ to hear "well done".

Does anyone else find it hard to put thought into every word and action? I sometimes let myself get so led by emotion that I don't think before I speak/act. I'm not saying that emotion is never justified, but that allowing our emotion to control us is wrong. Those of you who know me well can understand that I get a little revved up sometimes. :)

These verses are definitely a challenge to me to be ever mindful of what my purpose and motivation should be, which is to further God's kingdom through my actions. How do I further His kingdom? By building up other believers, by being an example and testimony to unbelievers by what I say which is then supported by what I do.

I can only imagine what kind of change we could bring about if we all lived by these words! Let's live it moment by moment!


Today was a bit of a blur. Felt like it just passed me by and I don't know where I was the entire time. Heather and I went out together tonight. We decided to go and see a movie and decided on Invictus. Such a good movie and well worth watching again. I kept thinking, "this is a great movie to watch with Dad!" So Heather and I had a great time together and enjoyed chatting before the movie started. We were there about a half hour early. :)
Heather told me something so cute. Selah (her daughter) has been asking "can Beth come over and play?" I definitely plan on getting over there soon! :) Made my day to hear that! I Love my little adopted nieces! Well, hope you have a great Friday! Looking forward to the long weekend!

Go with God!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth...where is your new job taking you?
-Margarita

B C said...

Hey Margarita
I'll still be at the branch but I will be working on a project having to do with the amalgamation. I'll be doing lots of computer work and will be working closely with a fairly large group of people from other branches as well.

Anonymous said...

That's great, sounds like a good challenge. Hope all goes well.
-Margarita